Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Blues

Today I wish I could go to brunch, lay on my couch all day and read a book, or watch a movie.

But I don't want to be up until Midnight or later working on Tuesday's pipeline, so I'm trying to get an early start. If I don't get enough sleep, I do my day job half assed, as well as the pipeline. Two half assed efforts equal one hamster running around in the same cage. When my lower back goes out, as it did a week or two ago, I know it's time to stop and focus on my health.

People often ask me how much time I personally put into the pipeline. On average it's 30 or so hours. When added on top of the 40-plus hours I put into my day job, this is where my early mornings, late nights and a big chunk of the weekends are going. Somehow I also have to find time to clean my apartment and maybe do some accounting. Ick.

2 comments:

  1. Although I don't work as many hours as you do, I know exactly how you feel. My lower back right now is at wit's end, but I'm almost finished doing my "free" work. Get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mindy! I hope you are feeling better too

    ReplyDelete