Monday, April 26, 2010

Banned from Photobucket: Boo!







This photo, below, of Chelios at Stop! Look! Oddments at 1307 N. Western, one of my all time favorite places to pop in at, was deleted by the Photobucket censorship crew, thus I am posting it here for the purpose of linking to it in tomorrow's 'Spaces column' since SLO recently underwent spring cleaning resulting in a much more spacious look and feel.

Chelios, who greeted me with ' hey, you're the girl that shows up on my phone every week!' (I've heard that line before in reference to the newsletter) is accompanied by a larger-than-life painting by artist Maurice Wilson, circa 1983.


Also included are some photos snapped around this time last year, back when Chicago was still a contender for the 2016 Olympics. At the time I'd been vehemently opposed to the Olympics, and Chelios had been very much in support of the games, with his feelings expressed on a cardboard sign vying for Olympic Gold Tourism Dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment