Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dedicate Your Ears to The Juliets





With all due respect to the two local bands that played before The Juliets in tonight's installment of Dedicated Ears, held in the basement of the Chopin Theatre, I am going to include a few photos of The Juliets because it was one of the best live shows I've ever attended. And it came via the Motor City.

As I am not a music writer, and because I've already heard feedback that pipeline readers don't care as much about the music scene as I do-- somebody asked me why I focused on a greasy haired serial killer looking dude who is not local to the hood in last week's issue-- I will refer to these two short video clips to speak for the band's talent, which was so immense and goose-bump inducing that it brought a room of 40 people to their feet, and ushered in an encore, Sunday Song, which I am going to buy for $1 as soon as I figure out how to do that. And then I'm going to listen to it again. And sleep. It's Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment