Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Week Past, The Week Ahead

Now and then I throw my lower back out. Today was one of those days. So there were some errors because I was in pain and just wanted to hit 'Send.' I spelled Halloween wrong in the subject header of today's Pipeline, and Reina SPA is at 1821 W. North, NOT 1824.

In my own fitness league profile I wrote that I stepped on a 'sale.' What I meant to say was "scale."

Also, I meant to link to Paper Doll's web site in the ETC. section. Congrats to the sisters of Paper Doll on 10 Years in Business. That is no small feat.

Earlier I went on a walk and was walking so slow and in pain that a homeless man offered me half of his gas station sandwich that he said he got with money someone on the street gave him. It was kind but I declined.

I think it's really sweet when strangers reach out to each other. Another person reaching out to me is my mom. She keeps sending me job leads for corporate jobs. This is one of the few times in my life I am producing something that I am willing to both fight for and stand behind. Also, as I said to her, if I go back to a 'real job' as opposed to the various things I do now, it will not be in the field of media or writing. I'd rather work in sales and write for enjoyment. I know she means well, but each time my own personal job search agent aka Jewish mother forwards me some shitty job selling local ads for a major publisher, I get tears of frustration in my eyes because my mom does not see that I've created a hyperlocal model that sort of works and just needs a bit more time and development. We exchanged some heated words and she threatened to never email me any job leads or jokes to brighten the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment