Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Week Past, The One Ahead

New job kicking my ass, but I'm thankful for later working hours which enable me to get more done in the A.M.

Here is a link to the Jan 11 Pipeline.


I'd love nothing more than to do the Pipeline full-time. I have to stop calling myself a failure because I did not accomplish this during the UE "sabbatical." We are grateful that we have advertisers to help support the pipeline. We are grateful people seem to read it, or at least send in kind words.

I miss walking many miles each week and will have to exercise this morning.

There's so many blogs (Mindy!) I need to check out, and news to follow up on, but trying to breathe and take it slow. Working in sales can be very draining, but I am just going to deal with it because the job is what keeps the roof over my head and food in belly. In a perfect world I'd be a person who takes risks, who believes in herself enough to know that she can do it. I'm not that person. I want to be her. :(

Sorry this is so depressing. I am trying really hard to "fake it til I make it" and be happy at the new job. It's a solid company and has great benefits and cool coworkers. This is the mantra I keep repeating in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Alisa, I hate to tell you this, but you ARE one of those people who takes risks and can do it. And sometimes you need some prodding by others to remind you that you need to believe in yourself more than you do. You do what you can and make sure you're taking care of you, first :) The rest will follow. "Great benefits and cool coworkers, great benefits and cool coworkers, great benefits and cool coworkers." Not a bad mantra at all.

    ReplyDelete