(All content below, by Doug Wood. It's 5:52AM and I am only 90% done with tomorrow's pipeline. I'll have to come home tonight and wrap up newsletter, plus address any day-time edits from Pat, then send Jan. 18 Pipeline out tonight or tomorrow AM. Thus, I cannot go to this meeting.)
Tuesday, January 18 - 7-9PM - Wicker Park Field House (1425 N. Damen)
Please RSVP if you plan to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, Jan 18 -7pm - Discussion of Collaborative Community-Park District Programming for 201
Hello Wicker Park Community Organizations, Alderman Moreno, and Alderman Waguespack,
The Wicker Park Advisory Council (WPAC) will discuss options for Park Programming in 2011 at our Tuesday, January 18 Meeting at 7-9pm – Wicker Park Field House 1425 N. Damen. We request that you attend the meeting to discuss partnerships between you or your organizations and the WPAC to present programming in the park – both special events and on-going educational/recreational series.
WPAC’s interest and motivation for this process:
1. To increase programming in the Park by combining all our neighborhood creative and financial resources with those of the Chicago Park District.
2. To create and produce events in the Park that result from collaborative efforts between the community and the Chicago Park District.
3. To promote all participating community organizations and the Chicago Park District.
4. To facilitate and streamline the Park District’s permitting process. We will work with community groups to obtain permits and partnership waivers for collaborative projects.
OPTIONS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION:
1. Project Manage an event or assist those who are managing events in pre-event planning.
2. Provide sponsorship and funding for an event.
3. Assist with fundraising for an event (funding, program ads, food donations, etc)
4. Provide Day of Event Volunteer Support.
5. Assist with publicity with your mailing lists and websites.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Look over list of events below and decide which ones that you or your organization are interested in supporting – or – at the Jan. 11 meeting - submit a draft proposal for another event or educational/recreational series. Determine the level of commitment that you or your organization could give to the project.
2. Discuss your ideas for events and series programming on Tuesday, Jan 11 at the January WPAC meeting. Work with us to set working committees for each project.
3. Submit an detailed event plan by the WPAC Feb. 1 Meeting – list event, equipment needed, target audience, dates, funding needed, ideas for obtaining funding, day of event needs, ideas for obtaining day of event volunteer staffing, and your ideas for promotions. It is important to discuss which community organizations you’d like to collaborate and how the park, all collaborators, and the community will benefit from the project.
4. Submit information on which events and how many volunteers you’d like to support with volunteers or funding.
FINAL LIST OF EVENTS FOR THE WPAC-NEIGHBORHOOD SERIES
Determined at Feb 1 meeting.
All events and/or educational/recreational programming will be reviewed at the February 1 meeting, discussed, and then either approved by or tabled for the 2011 season. Only projects clearly outlined with project managers, a workable fundraising plan, promotion timetable, and committed volunteer support will be considered. Approved WPAC Collaborative Neighborhood projects will then be submitted to the Chicago Park District for booking and permits. The WPAC will submit partnership waivers of Park District fees for all of these collaborative neighborhood events/programming. Liability insurance will be obtained for the entire 2011 series listing the Chicago Park District and all collaborators as additionally insured.
A List of Events to Consider
– Dates are subject to Change – Your Input – Interested in these or SUGGEST others.
Big Mulch Day – Saturday, April 9 or April 23 – 10am-3pm – Mulch all trees in park – All Ages
Earth Day Event – Saturday, April 16 – 10am – 1pm – Programming to Increase Greening in Wicker Park – All Ages – City Wide Event Friends of the Parks
Plant Sale – Sat. Sun. May 7, 8 - 10am-4pm - Garden Club’s Annual Fundraiser for Gardens and Programming – Sponsor WPGarden - Booked
Children’s Carnival – Saturday, June DATE DETERMINE - 10am-3pm – Date Can Change
Open Mic – Summer Months – Determine Days of Week, Numbers, Equipment, Funding
Movies in Park – Summer Months – Determine Days of Week, Numbers and Funding
Music in Park – Summer Months – Determine Days of Week, Equipment, Numbers and Funding
Art in Park – Small tented art show or in gym – 60 vendors – Summer - Fall Months
Garden Walks – Historic Walks – WPGarden Fundraiser for Gardens – Summer Months – Determine Numbers and Funding
Halloween Event – Saturday, October 29 – 10am-3pm
Fountain Decorating Social – Saturday, Sunday, November 19, 20 - 10am-4pm
Winter Holiday Party – Saturday, December 3 – 10am-3pm
EDUCATIONAL/FITNESS SERIES PROGRAMMING
Children, Adults, and Senior Adults
Fitness, Art, Sports, etc.